10 Best Induction Kettles UK
Old-fashioned hob kettles never really disappeared but for a while they seemed in danger of doing so as many people switched to plug-in electric kettles. Now, however, a new generation of hob kettles can deliver hot water with the same kind of speed as electric kettles and without the wires. People with induction hobs are particularly likely to favour hob kettles as the whole point of induction hobs is to be quick-heating, energy-efficient and sleek and using a “wireless” hob kettle fits in nicely with that idea.
Finding the best induction hob kettle
Even though induction kettles are very low tech there are a few key points to note when deciding which particular induction kettle is the right choice for you.
Traditional hob kettles were notoriously slow, which is probably the main reason why electric kettles took over. Now, the speed of high-quality, modern induction kettles tends to be determined partly by the type of hob on which they are used and partly by how full you fill them.
High-quality induction kettles are no more noisy in operation than electric kettles of an equivalent capacity. Some, however, are designed to whistle fairly quietly, while others are designed to be loud enough to be heard from the bottom of a garden. If a whistle is particularly loud or soft, a manufacturer will usually mention it (or reviewers will).
Having a larger induction kettle could give you more flexibility in how you use it and you can keep its energy usage down to a minimum by only filling it as full as you need to. On the other hand, if storage space is at a premium, then you might want to look for a smaller induction kettle and, if need be, you can always boil more rounds of water.
Any high-quality induction kettle will have decent heatproofing on both the main handle and the knob or handle used on the lid. Kettle manufacturers may take different approaches to the issue of opening the spout. A lot of modern induction kettles now have “one-touch” buttons to do so, but some use levers and a few require you to open the spout manually. This last option is perfectly safe as long as you understand what you’re doing. Basically, wait 10 seconds or so for the water to come just off the boil before you open the spout.
Obviously, this is entirely a matter of taste, but if you’re going to have your kettle out of view, it is nice if it looks the part.
Best 10 Induction Kettles in UK
Finding the best induction kettle on the UK market
Here is our “whistle-stop” list of the top induction kettles on the UK market at this time. They all meet the minimum standards we’d expect from a modern induction kettle and yet have their own unique characteristics to differentiate them from each other.
Alessi 9093 B Kettle 2L
Anyone familiar with Alessi will know that they are positioned right at the top of the premium end of the market and that they are as much about making a design statement as they are about functionality. The standout design feature of this induction kettle is the bird-shaped “whistle” which fits on the end of the spout. It looks exquisite, but you have to remove it manually, which requires a decent grip and a bit of caution. Alternatively, you can just leave the bird on for decor when the kettle is out of use and remove it when you actually want to boil water.
- 24cm x 25cm x 24cm
- Diameter- cm: 22
- Capacity- cl: 200
- Magnetic steel bottom suitable for induction cooking
Judge Stainless Steel Whistling Kettle 3L
The Judge whistling kettle, by contrast, is all about the practicalities of boiling water and the fact that is also looks perfectly decent is just an added bonus. Everything about this induction kettle has been chosen with ease of use in mind, for example there is a wide lid and a very comfortable handle with a straightforward mechanism for opening the spout using just your “strong” hand. Both the lid cover and the handle have excellent heat protection. If practicality and safety are your top priorities, the Judge could be the induction kettle for you.
- 3 litre capacity
- Audible whistle on boiling
- Stainless steel
King Hoff Stainless Steel Induction Whistling Kettle (Silver / Brown)
This option from King Hoff tends to divide opinion. Those who dislike it tend to do so either because they have smaller hands and find it hard to open and close the spout on this induction kettle (which is its only real, practical weakness) or because they find the whistle too soft. Those who love it tend to do so either because they appreciate the soft whistle or because they like the unusual wood-effect plastic used on the handle and lid which gives this induction kettle an unusual, and very chic, appearance.
- Whistling Kettle 3 Litres
- Ergonomic handle
- Material: stainless steel
- Suitable for all hob types
KitchenCraft Le’Xpress Stainless Steel Induction-Safe Whistling Stovetop Kettle, 2.1L
If your kitchen style vibe could be described using words like “modern”, “industrial” and/or “high-tech”, then you should probably head straight to this option without passing go and even if it isn’t then you might want to take a look as it’s a really practical and efficient kettle, which is also very comfortable to use, especially for those who have weaker grip. The “one-touch” option for opening the spout using your regular “gripping” hand, will probably be especially appreciated by anyone concerned about the practicalities of using an induction kettle.
- A traditional favourite refined for modern technology: use this stylish whistling kettle on any heat source, including induction hobs
- A sleek black finish and a shiny, ridged base add to the contemporary look, but it still lets out a charming 'peep' when it's boiled!
- Pour safely and comfortably: its phenolic knobs stay cool, while its automatic spout cover lifts instantly at the push of a button
- Enjoy a delicious brew, time and time again: it's built to last, using high-quality stainless steel that resists rust
- This smart induction kettle has a generous 2.1 L (3½ pt) capacity. It comes with KitchenCraft's 10 year guarantee
Kitchen Craft Lovello Induction Stovetop Whistling Kettle, Stainless Steel, Grey, 2.5L
The Lovello from Kitchen Craft neatly blends the classic lines of traditional hob kettles with an imprinted geometric design to give the impression of texture and add a touch of modernity. This makes it a good induction kettle to choose if you’re the sort of person who likes to ring in the changes to your decor without breaking the bank, all the more so since it has very robust build quality so you can expect it to last for years. Of course, it has all the functionality you would expect, including a very comfortable handle with an integrated button to open the spout.
- This whistling kettle is suitable for use on most hob types, including induction, AGA, range cookers and camping stoves, as well as traditional gas...
- Comfortable, heat-resistant handle and knob make it safe and easy to use; the handle has a button built in to open the spout instantly - keeping your...
- This whistling kettle is made of high-quality, rust-resistant stainless steel
- Match with the Lovello Textured beverage canisters, available in Blue, Grey and White; includes a 5-year guarantee
- Ideal housewarming gift
Klausberg Copper Whistling Kettle 3L
Copper kettles just ooze hygge and if you’re one of the many people who love the traditional, rustic look and you enjoy living life in the slow lane as much as you can, then the appearance of the Klausberg copper whistling kettle may be all you need to convince you. If, however, you like to pay attention to hard practicalities, then you’ll be pleased to know that this induction kettle is actually made of stainless steel and is built to last and to be used in comfort, which is why it has a soft-grip handle with a well-placed button to open the spout.
- Stainless steel kettle with 3.0 L capacity - color: cooper
- Suitable for all types of hobs, including induction.
- Water has no contact with plastic, ensuring clean and safe food.
- Removable lid for easy cleaning - material: stainless-steel.
- Modern design , soft touch hendle
Klausberg Magic Colour Change Kettle 3L
Putting the fun into functionality, this alternative option from Klausberg aims to turn boiling water into a form of entertainment. As its name suggests, the increasing heat from this induction kettle turns the stripes on the sides from plain black to bands of bright colours. There’s also an old-fashioned whistle for when you don’t have time to enjoy the show. This induction kettle is far more than just a pretty face. It’s made out of durable stainless steel and has a very comfortable, easy-grip handle, with a button to open the spout.
- Stainless steel kettle 3.0 litre capacity - Colour: Silver
- Magic change Stripe Down The Side Of - when heating change colours
- Suitable for all types of cookers, including induction
- Water has no contact to plastic, which makes you will receive a cleanly and safely food
- Removable lid for easy cleaning - Material: stainless steel
Le Creuset Kone Kettle with Whistle, 1.6 L – Black
Unlike most of the Le Creuset range, this induction kettle is made out on stainless steel rather than iron, then covered with enamel for extra protection and, of course, style. This means that although it’s a bit heavier than the other options, it’s still perfectly reasonable to hold. The handle does tend to warm up a bit more than is usual these days, but not excessively so in our opinion. To maintain the vintage look, Le Creuset has opted to have the spout opened by a lever rather than a button, so it’s advisable to wait a few seconds before pouring.
- Holds 1.6 litres
- Fixed whistle, stainless steel ring around spout
- Suitable for use on all heat sources
- Easy to clean exterior
- Enamelled steel stove top whistling kettle with stay-cool phenolic folding handle
Prestige Steel Whistling Kettle, 2 L – Almond
If you’re aiming for the minimalist look, then this induction kettle from Prestige could fit your vibe perfectly while still providing the sort of performance you’d expect from a modern induction kettle. It has very classic styling, which allows it to blend in with all kinds of decor from the traditional and rustic to the modern and industrial, but also has modern safety features such as very decent heatproofing on the main handle and the knob on the lid. The spout is operated by a lever rather than a button, but this is set quite far back to protect the user from steam.
- Cool touch handle
- Whistles when boiling
- Dishwasher safe
- Prestige lifetime guarantee
ProCook Stovetop Induction Whistling Kettle 2L
The ProCook Stovetop Induction Whistling Kettle 2L comes in two forms, one form has an open handle and the other has a closed handle. The former has a more modern appearance, however, it’s worth noting that although the main handle and lid knob are both comfortable and heatproof, the spout opens with a short lever, which may not be to everyone’s taste. The closed-handle option has a more traditional appearance, but it has a very neat mechanism for opening the spout using only your main “gripping” hand.
- With a large 2L capacity and measures 23.5cm/9in x 25cm/10in. A polished stainless steel finish the kettle has a reassuringly weighty feel
- The TPR soft touch handle, lid top and spout lifter make it comfortable to use. The cap on the spout to retain the steam allows the kettle to boil in...
- There are two kettles in our stovetop range, search for ProCook kettle for the rest of the range
- Electric, gas, ceramic, glass, halogen and induction safe. Item weight: 1060g
- ProCook design, manufacture & supply innovative products and are passionate about quality and service. This product has a 1yr Guarantee with ProCook