Best Electric & Best Oil Filled Radiator UK
The UK can get really cold and not just in winter. Spring and autumn can be pretty nippy too. Sometimes you need an extra form of heating either to boost your standard central heating or to warm places where you don’t have central heating.
There are actually quite a few options for this, but electric radiator heaters are often the best for all-round use. They are more flexible than ultra-small-space heating devices like electric blankets, more affordable than infrared heaters and more economical to run than fan heaters.
What to look for in an electric radiator heater
The most obvious points to check are power output and temperature range. We would suggest you take manufacturer’s guidance with a pinch of salt since it will typically be based on ideal conditions. As a rule of thumb, a 2500W electric radiator heater will be enough to heat a small- to medium-sized room (or a part of a larger room). If you want to heat a larger space then you will need to look for a more powerful electric radiator heater.
Most electric radiator heaters operate at between about 5 °C to 35 °C. Some will allow you to set the temperature to the exact degree (in fact a few even support half degrees), whereas others will have presets and dials which go from low to high.
Efficiency is important too. The actual physical design of an electric radiator heater can make a big difference as to how quickly it heats the air and how effectively it circulates it around the room.
Speaking of efficiency, there is also usability to consider. Some radiators only have manual controls, others can also be worked by remote control. We even found one which can be worked by a smartphone! Whatever option you choose, the controls need to be easy to read and easy to work.
Any electric radiator heater sold from a reputable retailer in the UK can be expected to meet certain safety standards and to include features such as overheat protection, tip-over protection and thermal cut-out.
Lastly there is the issue of aesthetics. This is, very literally, a matter of taste, but may be one you wish to keep in mind when looking for your perfect electric radiator heater.
Best Electric & Best Oil Filled Radiator UK – Reviews
Here are our reviews of what we think are the best electric radiators available on the UK market at this point.
ANSIO 2300W Oil Filled Radiator Heater
We have to say up front that the appearance of the Ansio electric heater may not be to everyone’s taste. Admittedly that could be said of just about anything, but it’s particularly true of the Ansio electric heater, which (currently) only comes in dramatic black.
If you’re fine with the colour, however, there’s a lot to like about this electric heater. First of all it has a range of three power settings (1000W, 1300W and 2300W). There is also an eco mode which maximizes power efficiency. It can operate at temperatures from 5 °C to 35 °C and the operating temperature is clearly displayed on an LED panel.
Secondly, it takes safety seriously. The overheat protection switches off the electric heater once it reaches a certain temperature. The safety tip-over feature ensures that the electric heater will switch off if tipped over and the child-lock feature disables the buttons on the control panel.
Thirdly, there is lots of convenience on offer. In addition to this electric heater being on castors, to make it easy to move, it also has a remote control. This can be used to set the temperature and the timer (which can switch the electric heater both on and off), choose the mode and activate the memory function, which retains the most recent settings.
- 3 POWER MODE OPTIONS: Warm up your surroundings with ANSIO's Black 2300 W Oil Filled Radiator Heater. The heater can be operated at three Power...
- REMOTE CONTROL OPERATED: The heater can be operated with a Remote Control or manually using the Control Panel on the Heater. The temperature can be...
- CHILD LOCK/ MEMORY/ TIMER and ECO FUNCTIONS: Special features of ANSIO Oil Radiator heater include Child Lock feature which disables all the buttons...
- OVERHEAT PROTECTION AND ACCIDENTAL TIP-OVER PROTECTION FEATURES: When the temperature of the heater is too high, the thermostat will automatically...
- PEACE OF MIND: ANSIO's Oil Filled Radiator Heater comes with a 3 -year warranty.
De’Longhi Dragon 4 TRD40820T
De’Longhi have quite an extensive range of electric radiators. They’re all good and we’d be happy to use any of them, however, this was the one which jumped out for inclusion in our list.
First of all, if you want an electric radiator which will just blend into the background, then the De’Longhi could be a good choice. Most of the body is white; however the front panel is black with silver controls. The controls are manual only and the dials allow you to set temperature, power level and timer. De’Longhi does not specify the exact details of the Celsius range and wattage levels, other than that the maximum wattage is 2KW, however the main selling point of this electric radiator is not exactly the temperature, it can reach, but its heat output.
Basically, according to De’Longhi the body of this electric radiator has been specially designed to maximize the rate at which cold air is warmed and circulated through the room. We’re not really sure about the science behind it, but it does seem to work in practice. We also like the fact that De’Longhi has made sure that this electric radiator has curved edges for extra safety. There are also castors and a carry handle for added convenience.
- The enhanced chimney effect accelerates hot air through vents for effective heating
- 2 kW heat output and three heat settings; Rated voltage/Frequency (V~Hz): 230~50
- Elegant design and pure brilliant white finish
- Pre-assembled easy wheels and carry handle for easy transportation
- Thermostat and anti-frost device with 24 hr mechanical timer
Dimplex Cadiz Eco 3
The Dimplex Cadiz has a fairly unobtrusive design. Physically, it’s the sort of electric heater which could blend discreetly into the background. Technologically, it really does have the wow factor.
First of all, this is an oil-free electric radiator. We’re not sure how Dimplex has made this work, but we can tell you that it really does make this electric heater noticeably lighter than the alternatives.
The “oil-free” approach has other benefits too, in particular, it means the Dimplex electric heater warms up super-quickly, which is not only very convenient but also helps to save energy. In fact, the Dimplex electric heater is very economical to run, due to the efficient way it generates heat. As an added bonus, the two sides of this electric heater can operate independently of each other, which is obviously convenient as well as economical.
There is a maximum 3Kw output and a temperature range of between 5°C and 35°C (in increments of 1°C), you can set these either by manual controls on the electric heater itself or by remote control. Both are are very simple to operate and we particularly like the fact that the LED display on the electric heater is so clear and easy to read. You can also set a 24-hour timer and make use of temperature memory to remember your previous settings.
- Powerful 3 kW heat output
- Suitable for all room sizes
- Electronic climate control
- Five year guarantee
- Super fast warm-up time
The Futura Eco electric radiator is designed to be wall-mounted and is so discrete that if you place it against a white wall, it will probably only take you a very short time to start tuning it out, except if you want to adjust it. It is one of three electric radiators in our list to be suitable for use in bathrooms, but please note it is splash proof rather than waterproof.
This electric radiator has a range of 5°C and 35°C and is one of only two electric radiators in our list where the thermostat is accurate to within half a degree (Celsius). There is also an “Eco Auto Open Window Detection”, which basically means that the electric radiator will automatically switch itself off if it detects a temperature drop of 5°C or more.
- The Futura 1500W Eco Electric Heater IP24 rated is safe to be installed in a bathroom thanks to their splash proof design and construction (please...
- The Futura Energy Efficient Wall Heater can be installed effortless on any standard home building wall, it can also be free standing due to the feet...
- Thanks to the integral precision thermostat which is accurate to within half a degree, the electric convector heater will switch on or off...
- Our Electric Panel Heaters provide a 100% energy efficient solution for your heating needs. Set your desired temperature between - 5°C to 35°C
- Covered by a 2 Year Manufacturers Guarantee when you purchase the Futura Eco Electric Panel Heater with Setback Timer.
NETTA 2500W Oil Filled Electric Heater Radiator
The Netta electric heater is a visually-discrete, effective and budget-friendly option for boosting the temperature in any room other than a bathroom. It has two power settings, an adjustable thermostat and a built-in 24-hour timer. These are all controlled manually from the front of the panel. There is also overheat control for extra safety.
- Portable - fitted with 4 glide castors and carry handle.1.5 meter power cable and a built-in cable tidy.
- Silent but powerful 2500W output heat with 11 Oil-Filled Fins perfect to to heat mid to large sized room.
- 2 Power settings , adjustable thermostat & build-in 24 hour timer control to meet your comfort needs and save electricity bill.
- This radiator come with 1.5M Power Cable and also Built-in Cable Organiser.
- Safety- This heater fitted with over heating protection system.
The Olypla electric radiator is fairly stylish and highly practical for small spaces. It has three levels of power (1000W/1500W/2500W) and a thermostat to keep the temperature stable. While it does not allow temperatures to be set to the degree Celsius it does offer a range of presets ranging from very low to its maximum output. The 11-fin design does an effective job of circulating heat around a small room and there is an overheat protection system for extra safety.
- Official Oypla Branded Product - Brand New Free UK Delivery
- 3 Power Output Settings: 1000W / 1500W / 2500W
- Adjustable Thermostat
- Overheat Protection System
- Dimensions: 50 x 25 x 62.5 cm (W x D x H)
The Pro Breeze is another attractive and budget-friendly electric heater for smaller spaces. It has three levels of power (1000W/1500W/2500W) and while it doesn’t allow you to set temperatures to the exact degree Celsius, there is a temperature dial which goes from low to high. There is also an adjustable thermostat to keep the temperature stable.
The 11-fin design is a perfectly reasonable option for the smaller spaces for which this electric heater is clearly intended and there are three, key, safety features, namely overheat protection, a safety tip-over switch and automatic thermal cut off.
- A high performance, solvent-based exterior wood preservative
- Superb Quality Water Repellent Resins
- UV Fade Resistant Colour Pigments - High Level, Long Lasting Protection & Preservation
- Perfect for use on sheds, fences, decking, summer houses, kennels, stables and other garden wood
Purus Panel Heater
The Purus panel heater is designed to be either freestanding or wall-mounted and has a very unobtrusive design. Basically, it’s a flat white panel with a small, blue LED screen at the top right. The characters on the LED screen are displayed in black and stand out nicely. This is the second electric radiator in our list to be suitable for use in bathrooms, but again, please note that it is splash proof rather than waterproof.
Like the Futura Eco, this electric radiator also has a range of 5°C and 35°C and has a thermostat which is accurate to within half a degree (Celsius). There is also an “Eco Auto Open Window Detection”, which basically means that the electric radiator will automatically switch itself off if it detects a temperature drop of 5°C or more.
- BATHROOM SAFE: These IP24 rated digital electric radiators are perfectly safe for use in bathrooms thanks to their splash proof design and...
- REDUCES ENERGY COSTS: Thanks to the integral precision thermostat which is accurate to within half a degree, the electric convector heater will switch...
- EASY DIY PLUG IN & GO INSTALLATION: Installing our Electric Radiators couldn't be easier requiring only basic DIY skills you will have your new...
- 2 YEAR GUARANTEE: For your peace of mind we offer a 24 month warranty on our Purus Eco Slimline Electric Radiator with timer. * Main image shows the...
- 24/7 DIGITAL TIMER: Our fully programmable panel heater allows you to set up a weekly heating schedule to suit your lifestyle, giving you the...
VonHaus Oil Filled Radiator
The advertising we saw for the VonHaus electric heater suggests that it is a good option for heating medium- to large-sized rooms. Honestly, we’re not convinced about this. At least, we’re not convinced about this electric heater being suitable for heating larger-sized rooms to any serious extent. It might be fine if you just wanted to take the chill out of a room.
Setting that aside, there is a lot to like about this electric heater. There are three power settings (1000W/1500W/2500W) and the 11-fin design is fine for smaller spaces or for bringing a bit of extra heat to a part of a larger room. Again, you can’t set the temperature to the degree Celsius, but you do have a selection of 6 presets from which to choose. There is also an adjustable thermostat and a 24-hour timer.
Safety is ensured by means of the thermal cut-off, safety tip-over switch and automatic overheat protection.
- 2500W radiator 11 oil-filled fins for heating mid to large sized rooms. Perfect for the home or office
- 3 power settings and adjustable thermostat control to achieve the perfect temperature. 24 hour timer lets you program the heater to automatically...
- Equipped with thermal cut off, safety tip over switch and automatic overheat protection
- Fitted with 1.5m power cable and built in cable tidy
- This product is only suitable for well insulated spaces or occasional use. Free Extended 2 Year Warranty - Registration Required. *Terms and...
Wärme Designer WiFi Electric Wall Heater
We have to say that this electric radiator did wow us with its high-tech looks and specs as well as its performance.
In terms of looks, it could easily be mistaken for a premium, flat-screen TV, especially since it is intended to be wall-mounted. The only giveaway that it’s not a TV is the small, blue LED screen at the top right. The lettering on the screen is black and is very easy to read. The casing doesn’t just look good, it’s waterproof and so this is the last of our bathroom-friendly radiators.
As you may have guessed from the WiFi reference, you can control this electric radiator from your smartphone, which we absolutely love.
Moving on to the basics, the Wärme Designer electric radiator has a 2000W output and a temperature range of 15°C to 35°C, along with a digital thermostat. You can choose between an “instant heat” mode or programme a weekly cycle.
In short, the Wärme Designer electric radiator is far more than just a pretty face and a draw to gadget-lovers, it is a very efficient and economical electric radiator.
- Generation X Model - Now with WiFi APP Control - Manage Your Heating From Your Smartphone
- As Recommended by 'Architecture Art Design' Magazine!
- Stunning Design - Add The 'WOW FACTOR' - Simple Controls
- Fits Safely ABOVE Children & Pets Whilst Making A Designer Feature
- As Used By Property Developers & Major House Builders Across Europe
Best Electric & Best Oil Filled Radiator UK – Conclusion
Here are our thoughts on our list
Best electric heater overall
Really we can’t pick a “best” electric heater overall since everyone’s situation is different. That’s why we’ve done our best to include a list which covers everything from budget-friendly options to more advanced options. Basically we’ve tried to give you everything you need to know to pick the best electric heater for you and your particular needs and wants.
Most efficient electric heater
If by “best electric heater” you specifically mean “most efficient electric heater”, then we’d nominate the Dimplex Cadiz. Its oil-free design makes it the most efficient electric heater we’ve managed to find.